Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Smart Home?
To find out more about Smart Home,
Download our PDF
- How do I apply for a Smart Home package?
You can apply for our Smart Home packages by visiting our Al Salam Tower showroom in Dubai. We’re opening our Hamdan showroom in Abu Dhabi soon.
- What are the prerequisites for Smart Home services?
Any customer can apply for Custom Built Solution.
We’ll also need the following documents from you when our Solution Designer visits your home:
• No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your landlord or property owner stating the changes (electrical, wiring) can be made.
• Floor plans
• Lighting plans
• Electrical Load Schedule (you can find this behind the electrical DB of any villa or apartment)
• AC model details and wiring diagram
- Why do you need to do a Site Survey?
Designing a customised Smart Home solution is complex. We need to see what’s happening ‘under the roof’ with all the components. By doing this, we can provide a bespoke solution for you in the best efficient way possible.
- Can I make changes to the initial Smart Home proposal?
Yes, you can have devices added or removed. Contact your Solution Designer about these changes and they should be able to come up with a new proposal. You can also contact our Call Centre at 04 390 5555 or 155 from any du mobile.
- How much does it cost to make changes to the Smart Home proposal?
Don’t worry, making changes to the proposal is free.
- How long is the Smart Home proposal valid for?
The proposal is valid for 30 days from the completion of your Site Survey. The validity of your proposal won’t change even after making changes to it.
- Can I use the same proposal for a different location?
Since Smart Home is a bespoke service, each location will require a separate survey. If you need a proposal for a different location, you can start a new Smart Home application process.
- What is Smart Home Relocation?
Our Smart Home Relocation service helps you move your Smart Home devices from one location to another. We’ll help you out with the packing, labelling and delivering your Smart Home devices to your new home in the UAE. Please note, this does not include the re-installation of the devices.
- How much does Smart Home Relocation costs?
The cost of this service is based on the size of your Smart Home solution.
- Is it possible to re-install Smart Home products in a new location?
Yes, we can do that for you. However, you would need to go through the Smart Home application process to re-install your devices.
- What’s your refund policy for Smart Home products?
You can request a refund within three days of your application date.
- How is the money refunded?
If you paid in cash for, it will be refunded through cash with a limit of AED 3,000. For amounts above AED 3,000 it will be refunded through a bank transfer which may take up to three weeks.
If you used a credit card, the money will be refunded through a bank transfer.
- Do you provide on-site tech support for Smart Home services?
Yes, we do. You’ll get a certain amount of free tech support, depending on the size of the project. This will include a maximum of two site visits. After that, each visit will be charged. Site visits cover replacement of faulty devices, reconfiguration of systems, and more
- What are the working hours for tech support?
Our tech support’s working hours are 9am-7pm, Sunday to Thursday.
- I’ve sent a complaint. When can I expect a response?
We’ll contact you within 24 hours once we’ve received it.
- I’m having issues with my services. What should I do?
• Call our Customer Care at 04 390 5555 or 155 from any du mobile.
• Call your Solution Designer
• Visit any of our shops
- Is there a warranty for the Smart Home products?
Yes, the warranty period for Smart Home products is 12 months.
- My device is faulty. How long does it take to have it replaced?
It usually takes a minimum of three working days to replace a device. All replacement devices are ordered directly from our vendor.
- Will I be able to find my Smart Home account in My Account?
Yes, you’ll be able to see your Smart Home account in My Account through the website or through the du app.
- What will be the payment process? Who will take the payment and how will it reflect in the system?
1.The Following Payment can be done through Wincash:
• Site Survey
• Fibaro products
• DIY products
2. The Following Payment has to be done through Bank Transfer*
• Smart Home Automation
• Smart Home Monitoring
• Smart home Networking
- Can I request a Site Survey remotely, or do I need to visit one of your showrooms?
To set up a Site Survey, you need to visit our Smart Home showrooms
- Are Smart Home services different for in-zone and out-zone customers?
No, Smart Home services are the same for both zones.
- I’m an in-zone du customer with Smart Home services. If I move to an out-zone location and subscribed to Etisalat Broadband services, can I still get your Smart Home services?
Yes, we can
- Are all the installed Smart Home products mine to keep?
Yes, you will be the sole owner of the devices.
Fields with * are required.
جميع الحقول مطلوبة.